HasnaNaokoOhwashi Profile english
Hasna Naoko Ohwashi
Hasna is the name of a Moroccan friend whom I met on my travels.
I value chance encounters with people and things, and the unspoken wishes they engender. The choice of this name derives from just such a wish.
Something designed in casual style, with using fine materials (bringing people confort), something with warmth, to be loved for a long time, or something which is a well-balanced blend of simplicity and dynamic,...etc.
Every season, I slightly change a creation theme.
- ・Naoko Ohwashi was born in Nagoya.
- ・1992 Worked for an accessory planning company, engaged in design and creation.
- ・1992 Studied hatmaking in Nagoya, Japan.
- ・1993 Studied dressmaking at a vocational fashion school.
- ・1995 Move from Nagoya to Tokyo.
- ・1995 Started activities as a hat artistom I met on my travels.
(Solo exhibitions & group exhibitions arranged by department sotres and specialized stores)
- ・1997 Finished both regular and advanced courses at the Akio Hirata Hat School.
- ・1997 First solo exhibition at Sugar Water, Shibuya, Tokyo.
- ・2000 Established an atelier, “Hat brand HasnaNaokoOhwashi”, and started diverse activities, including designing, creating and selling original Hasna brand hats for men and women at select shops in Japan as well as making hats and headpieces for stage costumes ordered from a thema park, and designing/making other various O.E.M.products.
- ・2006 Solo exhibition at Setagaya gallery, Setagaya, Tokyo “ Hasna Hats for pleasure - Naoko Ohwashi”.
- ・2009 Moved from Tokyo to Nagoya.
- ・2011 Started to sell semi-custom or original hats at my own atelier.
- ・2012 Started craft workshops for children, Hasna.
- ・2013 Established a Hasna Naoko Ohwashi shop, “Cuchurier”, Meito ward, Nagoya, selling and wholesaling works created by Hasna and other artists.
Engaged in artist activities such as solo-exhibitions at gallerlies while running "Cuchurier".
- ・2013 Started craft workshops for adult, Hasna.
- ・2015 Started Hasna Naoko Ohwashi hat school .